Harp Dog Brown
Harpdog Brown, who is this guy?
- Having been in the business as a touring, and recording artist for over thirty years, Harpdog Brown has shared the stage with such greats as Matt “Guitar” Murphy, Pinetop Perkins, Kenny “Blues Boss” Wayne, The Powder Blues Band,
Willie MacCalder, Jack de Keyzer, Fathead, Donald Ray Johnson, and the late Dutch Mason to name a few.
- In 1994, Harpdog was nominated for two Muddy awards from Portland Oregon’s Cascade Blues Association.
1: Best regional Blues Band
2: Best N.W. Blues Release.
They won the later (the only Canadian to receive this honor) and in 1995 he was nominated for a Juno Award for Best Blues Album, “Home Is Where the Harp Is”
- Harpdog Brown is one of Canada’s truly gifted blues artists. He’s a lifer in the world of musical gypsies, travelling near and far to share his substantial talents in story and song.
- A gifted singer and an imaginative harp player, he brings traditional blues into the 21st century.
With six CDs under his belt, working with two different duos as well as with his band The Bloodhounds, the Dog puts his individual stamp on everything he does.
- He is pure blues at its best; absolutely the genuine item. The real deal.
- Harpdog Brown's latest recording "Naturally" was voted #1 Canadian Blues Album of the year by the Blind Lemon Blues Top 20 of 2011
Thu, Feb 23rd 2017 9:00 pm
Thu, Dec 29th 2016 9:00 pm
Fri, Apr 17th 2015 9:00 pm
Thu, Dec 11th 2014 9:30 pm
Fri, Jul 18th 2014 9:00 pm
Thu, Nov 7th 2013 9:30 pm
Fri, May 10th 2013 9:00 pm
Thu, Mar 21st 2013 9:30 pm
Thu, Mar 14th 2013 9:00 pm
Fri, Feb 22nd 2013 9:00 pm